Statement from Positive Birth Jersey
The Coronavirus pandemic is a rapidly developing situation and advice is changing daily. It goes without saying that our priority at Positive Birth Jersey is the health and well-being of our clients and their families.
Here at Positive Birth Jersey we continue to keep up-to-date with advice from The Government of Jersey and the U.K., but particularly the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG).
You can read the Government of Jersey's current information regarding Coronavirus and pregnancy by clicking here.
To access the full official RCOG Guidelines, please click here.
How does this affect our group courses?
Moving forward, whilst Coronavirus remains an international pandemic, we will be planning how we can continue to ensure that women in Jersey receive great quality, evidence-based and enjoyable Hypnobirthing/antenatal courses whilst adhering to social distancing. To ensure best and safe practice, we will fully support RCOG's recommendation for precautionary social distancing for pregnant women.
We do not want Coronavirus to mean that women do not have access to antenatal education, but we of course have a duty of care to protect our clients. As per official RCOG guidelines, there is currently no evidence at present to suggest that pregnant women are more susceptible to Coronavirus or that the outcomes are worse than for other members of the population. However, due to the limited data available and the rapidly changing situation, we understand that some women may feel very anxious at present.
Please discuss any concerns directly with your midwife, GP or call the dedicated Jersey Coronavirus hotline on 445566.
Please bear with us at this unpredictable time - due to these likely considerable and temporary changes to how we run our courses, we will be in touch with you individually. We are anticipating that we will be very busy and working hard to ensure you still enjoy your antenatal classes.
Important information for when face-to-face group courses resume:
1. Face-to-face group courses will be conducted in a way that will facilitate social distancing of at least 2 metres between each couple attending
2. We request that you both wear a disposable or cloth face mask to your classes (please bring your own if possible, although we will have a small supply of face masks at the classes)
3. Upon your arrival to the classes, we will have a hand sanitising station and request that you regularly use the anti-bacterial hand gel provided
4. We will provide you with individual snacks and refreshments during the classes, however for hygiene reasons and to ensure strict social distancing we will not serve hot drinks during the break
5. Please DO NOT attend your classes if you feel unwell or have ANY potential symptoms of Coronavirus
With love and best wishes,
Positive Birth Jersey